Tuesday 15 September 2015

Media Consumption Audit

Newspapers
I don't really read newspapers however I do tend to read stories that appear on the front page that intrigue me online via BBC such as crime stories on the news. Besides that, I don't really read many newspapers.


Magazines
I don't buy magazines but I do have an interest in Empire as it has stories about the film industry which I'm keen on. I normally don't read much about celebrities as they don't really have much of an affect into my life or relate to me but the sections I'm interested in are the mainly about the film that is featured in the recent issue if I consider reading the Empire.

Television
Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
8-9 hours
What times of day do you usually watch television?
6-8 m
What programmes do you like best and why?
The programmes I like best would be Sherlock due to its more modern setting to the detective and The Flash as it brings one of my favourite characters onto live action however I do tend to hate the boring love triangle cliché that occurs in almost every drama I've attempted to watch.
Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?
I watch with my brother most of the time but I mainly tend to take control of what to watch next.
Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop of tablet?)
I don't really watch catch-up as I'm a patient person but if I really feel like I miss out then I'll probably use services like BBC iPlayer.

Radio
I don't listen to radio as much as I used to in the past.

Cinema
What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
Haven't seen any film in cinema over the past month.
What films have you seen in other places – for example, through rental, satellite film 
channels (free or otherwise) or through video-on-demand?
Satellite film channels such as film 4 when I had recently seen Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief and I don't always watch films on demand. 
Who else watched the films with you?
My brother always tends to watch TV with me most of the time.
Who decided what films to watch?
It would mostly be me however if my brother finds a decent film to watch then we might watch that instead of what we were planning to watch.
What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?
Most of the tome it would be TV as its more enjoyable on a big screen compared to mobile devices.

Online
How often do you access the internet?
At least everyday.
Where do you access the internet?  At home, at college or school, or at work?
Mainly at home.
What are the main sites that you access?
Most of the time it would be on YouTube as there are lots of content that is ready to watch for me.
What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
It would mainly be for entertainment but there would be the off chance where I would need it for information when I'm either studying or completing coursework.
What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?
Not really much.
What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?
Primary would be the computer but I would use an iPhone or iPad on a rare occasion.
What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?
I don't regularly use social networks but my most used network would have to be Facebook as there is more things that relate to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment