Thursday 14 April 2016

March PPE LR

1) WWW: Good answer for Question 2- Effective use of theory.

EBI: You must improve timing. You cannot afford to miss out a question as it throws away at least 6/7 marks. Please do Q4.

2) For question 1, I have mentioned points such as the logo being presented in the end and the brand image that they would have supporting the event as well as hosting it. For the first question, I would say that I haven't entirely answered the question as I may have gone off topic a little on the first question which may have cost me time to complete Question 4.

Question 2 was the strongest question as it had some of the points mentioned such as some of the descriptions about the Paralympics as a positive event and how courageous the participants are in this advert. Other points that were addressed were the potential that was presented with the participants which was covered.

Question 3 had also covered some topics to a similar extent as Question 2 as I have mentioned the flashbacks that were in the advert which had included a brief back story to how they were disabled. Another factor that had been mentioned was Propps character theory of the participants. In the trailer the participants are characterized as heroes. Another theory that would be applied to this narrative based ending would be the equilibrium theory which was presented in the trailer. There was also the mention of Action/Enigma codes which I have talked about in the question.

Unfortunately, I didn't answer Question 4 due to time limitations so therefore all the points were not addressed. 

3) The strongest question was Question 2 which had covered Audience and how viewers are encouraged to view disability from the advert. The reason that I think that this was seen as the strongest question was due to the fact that this question was something that had my perspective which had made things easier as I had to talk about the trailer from my perspective since I may be considered a part of the target audience.

4) The weakest question can be argued between Question 4 or 1. I would say Question 1 as it has scored the least amount of marks in comparison to the ones that have been attempted. However since Question 4 wasn't attempted I may not be able to judge whether I could've done well on that question which may have improved my mark if I was efficient with my timing. However since Question 1 had horrible performance I would say that Question 1 was the worst. The reason that Question 1 may have been the worst may have been due to the fact that I may have diverted my focus from the actual question which as previously mentioned has cost me time.

5) For Question 1, I wouldn't say that it was a successful response due to the fact that it was one of my weakest questions. This was weak since I didn't really consider Channel 4's brand values. The link with the brand values would've answered the question better by featuring the shock value which Channel 4 has been using with their other programmes.

Question 2 may be considered successful as I have addressed some of the notes that were in this examiners report. Some of the notes would include having to cover the perspective if the viewer rather than answering the question in the manner of a representation question as that would've cost me marks. However there was one notable thing that I should have mentioned which was the use of "Superhumans" and how an audience could see this as quite simillar to a superhero narrative in the sense that it presents a back story to explain how they became disabled. However this would be a point that would be best suited for the Media Forms question. 

Question 3 had been another quite successful questions that would've included theories which were applicable such as Todorov's equilibirium. However the Examiner's Report had mentioned that Propp's Theory wasn't used as well so the application of that theory may not have been strong if the Examiner's Report suggests that this wasn't done well. 

Question 4 wasn't attempted so therefore I could have talked about how this is being presented as a big event in comparison to the Olympics. In addition to this I could have also included the different representation theories.

6) Q1 Institutions

The institution Channel 4 has been promoting it's brand image by showing their support for the Paralympics with it's promotional material such as the "Superhumans" advert. This does try to challenge the common perspective of disabled people in the area as Channel 4 is presented as trying to empower them with this advert. The shock values used in the advert are also a part of Channel 4's brand image as their audience would be aware that Channel 4 also have their own programmes that they present to their audience and the shock factors are quite reminiscent to their shows. The high production values also shows that Channel 4 is willing to spend a lot on this advert as it shows their dedication with the Paralympic Event as shows that they would treat the event with high respects since their brand image such as their logo presented at the end shows that they would be willing to support them. The style of the advert does also seem to have a professional standard as it does use some good camera-work to present the aggression that is within the Paralympics and shows that Channel 4 doesn't discriminate but can be inspirational to a wide majority of it's audience. They also dedicate a majority of the screen time on the Paralympic Participants to show that Channel 4 does represent their support with this advert as it doesn't present the disabled in a weak manor. Seeing as to how they also have some association with youth culture as a majority of the activities that the Paralympic Participants undergo they might feel that they would have some association with the event which could also present Channel 4 as a moral channel to its audience. And since this is produced by Channel 4, they would want to let their audience see disabled people in a positive way as they would combat the stereotype of them being weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment